Saturday, August 18, 2007

First Day of 1st Grade and other News!



Packing the backpack.









Watching for the bus...

Last hugs before getting on the bus.




It's official!

Kyle and I now have a 1st grader! Landon started school on the 15th. He was really excited. His teacher is Mrs. Schroeder. He says she is nice. She is a little older, but seems really sweet. He has already brought home homework. Every night, he has brought home 2 small books to read. He will read them to me, then I will read them to him. It is a little time consuming, but it is really fun to hear him sounding out his words. He is doing really well.

Laurel starts Pre-K on Monday. She will be going 5 mornings a week. She is excited, and didn't understand why Landon started and she didn't. We went to buy her school supplies, and she had fun packing them into her backpack. I hope her teacher is ready for what is about to walk in her door!!!!!!!

In other news, I got a new job! For those of you who didn't know, I quit my last one in May because...pretty much I hated it. I said that I was not going to get another one, but this one kind of fell into my lap. I was called and asked to interview for the Acc. Mgr position at an independent school about 3 miles down the road. So I interviewed, and got the job. I went in a few half days this past week while Landon was in school. Laurel is actually going to be going to Pre-K at the school. So I can take her with me to work. We can get Landon on the bus, then head there to get her in class by 8:30. They have an afternoon program that she will do too...which includes napping and playground time among other things, but she will be in the same building with me, and I can go eat lunch with her, and go play for a few minutes in the afternoon with her...as long as she doesn't get upset when I leave. So I think it will be good. I hope anyway!

Also, Jennifer has been trying to talk me into running a 5k with her. I am still trying to figure out her motives for trying to kill me, but I think I will give it a try. It is in 4 weeks, and I don't know how I am going to be able to run 3 miles!...At first, I thought no big deal..three miles isn't that bad! But then I got this new job, and I clocked the mileage the other day, and did I mention that my new work is 3 miles away...it is a lot further than the 3 miles I had in my head. Anyway, it should be interesting.

Kyle has not been travelling much lately. Which is really good considering all of the changes that have taken place recently! He does start his classes again this fall. But it is just one night a week...much better than the 2 nights a week for his summer class.

Enjoy the pics of Landon's 1st day!

1 comments:

Meme said...

Can't believe he is a first grader either. Pictures are great. Hope Laurel likes her new school and you like your new job. Let us hear. Hope to see you soon!