Thursday, August 23, 2007

Pre-Kindergarten



With her teacher, Ms. Brown

Doesn't she look so small standing outside her school?

Laurel started her new school. She has been there 3 days now, and her teacher told me today that she is very popular! The other children save her a seat and want to do what she is doing most of the time. She has 7 little boys and girls in her class, and they are all too cute! I have gone and eaten lunch with her so I have gotten to know some of them. It is really neat that I get to go eat with her.
Landon is settling into 1st grade. We had Back-to-School Night tonight. We got to go see his classroom, meet his teacher, and see some of his school work so far. He wrote us a note saying that 'School was great'! His soccer coach called tonight, and we have practice on Monday. I guess games will be starting soon. Also, we signed him up for Flag Football. He is really anxious to start the football games.
I am enjoying my new job. I think I am going to have a lot of flexibility, but a lot of responsibility too!
These are some pics of Laurel's first day of school. I dont' know if I said in an earlier post, but her school is located on the old Joseph Bettendorf property (who Bettendorf is named after). It is a whole campus located on 25acres. The 'mansion' was built in 1914. It is huge! It has some really cool features especially for a home built in that time. First of all, the ceilings and wood work are amazing. It is almost like the places in Europe. The basement was the 'family entertainment' area. It had a 2 lane bowling alley (in 1914!!), a card room, and a physical fitness room. The guest house had the billiard room. The 3rd floor was the Ballroom! Along with housing for the 'Help'. My office is located in what was the Sunporch while the Bettendorfs lived there. Anyway, just a tidbit about her school.

1 comments:

Meme said...

Well, we all knew she would take charge. I am glad she likes it. The school sounds interesting. I would love to tour it. Hope to see you in September.