Thursday, August 2, 2007

Grown -Up Vacation

Well, Landon and Laurel went to Mississippi to the Neshoba County Fair with BigPop and MeMe and then to visit Nonna and Pop in Bay Springs so Kyle and I decided that we would take a GROWN-UP Vacation...Do any of you remember those?
We had lots of fun just doing not much of anything. We went to Key West then to Miami Beach. We wanted to try to go somewhere that we wouldn't want to take the kids...and also we had to be able to fly back through Memphis, TN so that I could get to Jackson easily to pick up Landon and Laurel from my parents. Neither of us had been to the Keys so we decided it was a good time to go. We flew to Miami and rented a red Mustang convertible and drove the 3hrs to Key West. We stayed in a little bed/breakfast there. And had a really good time relaxing. We had almost forgotten how yuk humidity feels. (These Midwesterners only like to complain that they have humidity, but they don't have a clue!) The first night we watched the sunset from Mallory Square. They boast that they have the best Sunset in the US. Then we spent a day kayaking and snorkeling, and a day of sightseeing. We ate entirely too much, but the food was so good. We don't get much seafood in the Midwest! We drove back to Miami Beach on Friday, and ate at Gloria Estevan's (sp??) restaurant Friday night, and then spent most of Saturday on the Beach and shopping. Sunday, we had a late flight so we got up and went back to the beach that morning ate lunch then left for the airport. We had a really good time, but I was ready to see the kids.

I got into Bay Springs at about 10:30pm on Sunday night, and the kids were waiting up for me...I was shocked, but really glad to see them. Monday I went visiting. I got to go to Chris/Michelle's house and Johnny/Marybeth's house. For those of you who don't know, those are my brothers...and both are expecting their first child in October. So it was good to get to see their nurseries. I also got down to see my Aunt Nita and my Uncle Billy and uncle Hollis.....it is good to see family!
We drove back to Iowa yesterday, and Kyle was really glad to see the kids! ...and they were really glad to see him too. He had to head back to work so he didn't make the trip to MS with me.
Anyway, we are back and ready to settle back into some sort of routine. I am including a few pics from mine and Kyle's vacation.............

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey Tina love the slide show. I was wondering if you could help me with something. I went to projectplaylist and created a playlist and then went to the area to get the code, then I copy and I thought go to new posts and paste it there but it says the code will not work am I doing something wrong???????

Michelle said...

Tina,

Nevermind I finally got it to work.