Monday, December 8, 2008

The things I say...

The other night, Kyle and I were watching some Christmas thing on TV. I think it was the lighting of the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center. Anyway, Laurel was sitting with us on the sofa, anxiously awaiting Miley Cyrus and The Jonas Brothers. At some point, Harry Connick, Jr. began to sing. About half way through his song, Laurel said, "He is freaking me out!" (I had been thinking the same thing. He did look a little weird.) I kind of laughed and asked Kyle if he heard her, but didn't say anything else. A minute or two later she said, "Mom, you see how he is freaking me out?" At that point I am very curious. So I ask, "Where did you hear that?" And she just pointed...to me. Ok, so it does sound like something that would have come out of my mouth (like I said I had been thinking the same thing), but come on...maybe she heard me say it once or twice. The fact that she heard it, and was able to remember where she heard it from, and repeat it was simply amazing given the fact that I have to ask, beg, and eventually scream until I am blue in the face about picking up gloves, coats, shoes, dolls, legos, footballs...and no one seems to hear me, but say something like "he is freaking me out" and it gets repeated over and over again. Why is that?

1 comments:

jenj22 said...

they never listen until you say something your not suppose to. Then they repeat it!!