Saturday, October 6, 2007

Over-the-top Birthday Party

Ok. So it is common for us parents to want to go a little overboard on our child's birthday party. But I will absolutely say that we went to one on Friday night for a 4 yr old little boy named Alex that would trump anyone's birthday party....Maybe even Donald Trump's!

First, Location: They rented out the art museum on a Friday evening! And the whole family was invited. Neither Kyle nor Landon were excited about going. (But both really enjoyed themselves once there!)

Second, Dinner: Ok, so they had a private sit down dinner for the children and adults. No party plates or napkins! Fine China, white napkins, and glass goblets. There was a table in the center of the room for the children with place cards telling everyone where to sit. Each plate had a printed menu on top (that of course matched the invitations that were sent). The children dined on Baked Maccaroni and Cheese with Home Made Applesauce. The adults were served a Mixed Green Salad with Wild Salmon and Rice. The children were served milk in their goblets while the adults had access to an open bar! Further, they hired college age baby sitters to take care of the kids while they ate so the adults could eat in peace.

Third, Entertainment: After dinner, the children were taken upstairs to do an art project by the 4 babysitters that were on hand while the adults were left to finish their dinner. Then, at 7pm, the adults headed upstairs for a private concert by Ralph from Ralph's World on the Disney Channel. I am not sure what you have to do to get Ralph to play at your 4yr old's birthday party, but I am sure it is not cheap. The kids had the best time dancing, singing, crawling on the floor and hopping like a frog!....and frankly so did the ADULTS. He played for about an hour, then we had cake.
The goodie bags had personalized candy and a 2 Disc signed CD from Ralph! So we listened to it on the way home! And the next day we were listening to it again, and a song came on and Landon said, "He played this for us last night at the concert!" Too Cute!
In the pics, you can't tell, but I am actually wearing a dress and heels to a 4yr old's birthday party!!
Anyway, we had a blast....even Kyle and Landon! Enjoy the pics! I tried to download his songs so that you could listen to his music, but I must be an idiot because I could do it. Maybe later.

1 comments:

Meme said...

Sounds like the birthday party to end all birthday parties. I read the blog to Margaret and she wants to know what you are planning for Laurel's? Wish we could have been there for Landon's games this past Sunday. We surely did enjoy the ones we saw. The pumpkin patch trip looks like it was a lot of fun. Give them a hug for us.