
This is one of those moments that you are proud of while it is happening, but then a few minutes later you say, "What the heck!"
Thursday night, Laurel and I took a bike ride up the street. While we were riding she said she wanted to take the training wheels off of her bike. Kyle had Landon at soccer practice, and so when we got back to the house, I found the thingy that you use to loosen the thing. (Sorry for my technical terminology!) Anyway...I finally got the wheels off. And off she goes! Literally! I helped her get started, but she just took off. Not without any mishaps as you will see, but she was riding the bike with no problem by the time that Kyle and Landon got back home. We had all of the neighbors outside cheering her on which is right up her ally for those of you who know how much Laurel loves to entertain! At times, she would get a little "silly" and start laughing...and fall off!
We practiced a little bit more on Friday night as well. And Daddy put some more air in her tires. So she is set.
So again, this was one of those moments when you are so proud and excited. Then, when you are left wondering what to do about the training wheels that she will no longer need.....you start to cry a little because your baby is a BIG girl now!
Thursday night, Laurel and I took a bike ride up the street. While we were riding she said she wanted to take the training wheels off of her bike. Kyle had Landon at soccer practice, and so when we got back to the house, I found the thingy that you use to loosen the thing. (Sorry for my technical terminology!) Anyway...I finally got the wheels off. And off she goes! Literally! I helped her get started, but she just took off. Not without any mishaps as you will see, but she was riding the bike with no problem by the time that Kyle and Landon got back home. We had all of the neighbors outside cheering her on which is right up her ally for those of you who know how much Laurel loves to entertain! At times, she would get a little "silly" and start laughing...and fall off!
We practiced a little bit more on Friday night as well. And Daddy put some more air in her tires. So she is set.
So again, this was one of those moments when you are so proud and excited. Then, when you are left wondering what to do about the training wheels that she will no longer need.....you start to cry a little because your baby is a BIG girl now!









2 comments:
Tell me about it!!!!
Great soccer pictures and Go Laurel Go!
Post a Comment